- Detailed Risk Assessments based in industrial standards
- FANUC Robotics DCS (Dual Check Safety)
- Rockwell Automation Safety Machine Builder Program
- Risk avoidance using best-fit solutions
- 3D Mechanical design for hard guarding applications
- Expert knowledge in Safety PLC (Rockwell Automation GuardLogix)
- ArcFlash Compliance Studies
- Robotic Fence and Emergency Stop chains (Category 0 or 1)
- AC Drive and Servo Safe-Off and Safe-At-Speed
- Perimeter Fencing Guards
- Latches and “Safe-to-Enter” controls
- Light Curtains, Area Sensors, Speed Sensors
- Pull Cables and Emergency Stops
Project Profiles/Application Experience Examples:
- Seam Weld CellDRM was selected as the integrator for a Seam Weld cell being moved to a new facility. As per NFPA and RIA codes, the machine safeties must be updated when relocated. DRM developed a Risk Assessment based on assumed cell operation. A Safety PLC was used in conjunction with FANUC robots, light curtains, area sensors and “Request-to-Enter” panels.
Safety logic allowed differing sets of light curtains and area sensors to be muted, blanked or active depending on machine running or loading status. Area sounders insured all operators were pre-warned of the cell starting in Automatic mode.
- Press Controls UpgradeDRM has performed many press control upgrades but one for a metallic lid manufacturer proved to be most challenging. Because of the nature of this press, the complex hard guarding must be used within very close proximity to the hazard area. Using 3D design software along with a Risk Analysis, DRM was able to design the “best-fit” solution. Sensors assured guards remained in place to protect safety integrity.
Special purpose-built slides were integrated into guards where point-of-use maintenance was required, eliminating the need for removal of awkward, heavy guards. A third-party safety auditing company was enlisted by DRM to perform initial and completion audits. This resulted in a letter assuring our client that their machine was safe and met or exceeded national safety standards.