- Chemical and process piping
- Plant lighting solutions
- Certified welders
- On-site project management
- Network installations for fiber and copper
- Equipment relocation
- Industrial HVAC Systems
- Mezzanine Design, Fabrication and Installation
- Building Automation Systems
- Remote Site Management
Project Profiles/Application Experience Examples:
- Copper Wire Manufacturing MoveDRM assisted a national supplier of copper electrical wiring re-apply used equipment into an existing manufacturing facility. This project was quite complex in that other contractors and production schedules for operating machinery had to be maintained and planned around.
Many machines had to be field fit with upgrades or repair components. Large amounts of power and interconnecting control conduit and wiring were installed. New control enclosures were site fabricated.
- Process Line VentilationDRM was selected to design, fabricate and install an elaborate in-process ventilation system for a food manufacturer. This was a particularly difficult application in that the food product itself was dry, light in nature and weight/volume changed based on the particular product type. The scope included removing the “fines” while leaving the product in place.
DRM teamed with ventilation equipment manufacturers and the client to design this solution. A ControlLogix PAC system controlled a myriad of AC inverter drives all connected through Ethernet for extremely tight operational control. Operators interfaced with this system through a highly customized C# application. The electrical power distribution system was carefully considered with specific power transformers and inductors placed for drive protection and power balanced loading for efficiency.
- Scroll Shear Relocation with Safety UpgradeDRM moved a scroll shear from a food plant outside of Chicago, Illinois. This machine was placed in very tight quarters and had one machine piece that was extremely heavy. DRM coordinated the move with production schedulers, plant safety officers and equipment riggers. Since this line had to travel hundreds of miles, DRM made special preparations to insure travel safety and machine integrity.
Pre-designed and fabricated safety controls were added to the machine line as it was being set in the facility. Since this was an old machine and safety was not as critical when designed, DRM integrated safety perimeter fencing with safeguarding controls for gate entry and machine monitoring to bring this system back with modern safety standards. DRM developed Risk Assessment documents which were praised by the client as “the best they’ve ever seen!”