The desire for industrial networking continues to drive solutions developed in the Information Technology world to the industrial plant floor.
Be it seamless manufacturing to order, overall equipment efficiencies, inter-plant machine control, or remote site monitoring; industrial networking continues to evolve the modern manufacturing environment. DRM provides many services that assist our clients in developing, maintaining and mastering benefits derived from properly applied industrial networks.
- Hirschmann Systems Integrator
- Network planning, design and installation
- Specialists with fiber-optics and copper
- Fabricate and install termination cabinets
- Server cabinets
- Point of use hardware clients
- Network testing and documentation survey
Project Profiles/Application Experience Examples:
- Graphite Facility Fiber and Copper LANOver the years a graphite specialties facility had connected multiple process networks until a point where the network needed to be reapplied and needed to be more robust. DRM designed and installed a redundant star network to complete this task. A site survey revealed most all local machines and lines already had a capable copper Ethernet switch. Our task was to reapply the fiber portion ending the star at the local copper switch. Dual master control switches were installed with eleven switches acting as star points. A dedicated PLC was added to monitor network and switch health and alarm via email if necessary. Because of the limited downtime available, DRM assembled and tested this network at our facility prior to installation.
- Smelter Plant NetworkingA local smelting facility had individual furnaces and baghouses but needed them to be connected for optimal operation. DRM designed and installed a fiber-optic ring network surrounding the facility. All PLCs and VFDs were moved to a control room, operator computers were in a remote tower and furnace/baghouse controls were local at the point of operation. This network connected all of the plant floor device data but yet kept control systems separate and placed in the optimal location. Additional connectivity was made to link the accounting database with the plant floor operations to empower operator actions and link financial data with current plant operations.