Combining our automation, design, data collection and process skillsets, DRM develops automated and robust test equipment.
Typically for the automotive endurance market, DRM builds test equipment to measure performance, test to failure or prove existence. Coordinating HMI, PLC and Motion Controls for test batteries with data collection and analysis software, DRM can generate intuitive test controls that serve up detailed reports or connect to a corporate data base for lot traceability. Whether off-line or in-process, DRM offers automated testing solutions suited to your needs.
- Run Testers for HVAC units
- High Potential testers
- Automotive drive component performance and endurance testing
- Calendar roll strand proving
- Moisture content
- Process weighing
Project Profiles/Application Experience Examples:
- Automotive Endurance TestersAn Automatic Transmission manufacturer requested DRM to design and build an endurance tester for a new model. Based on the operational parameters and tests to be performed, DRM proposed a fully enclosed test machine with an Allen-Bradley PLC and Servos. A PanelView would offer all testing control while a separate PC would collect test data and run report analysis.
This tester was connected to the plant Ethernet network where data could be stored and emails on events could be sent to the appropriate parties.
- In-Line Run TestersA national manufacturer of home and commercial HVAC units asked DRM to develop a specialized Run Tester for their assembly line. Multiple types of units were built at the same time and in random order. The controls had to synchronize with the assembly line and run pass/fail tests on every unit. DRM installed a system that used quick connect leads for compressor, fan, mode, thermostat and high potential.
DRM expanded upon the client built reporting software that kept operators familiar but gained time within the process. The cooperation between the client and integrator made this project a big success.